Page Content Guidelines and Member Terms of Service
The purpose of the SchoolNotes.com program is to provide educators an easy-to-use
no-cost tool which gives them the ability
to communicate school
information on the World Wide Web for access by their community of parents and students.
The following guidelines are issued for anyone wishing to become a member of the SchoolNotes.com
community. We appreciate your interest in and support of SchoolNotes.com and pledge to you our
continued support in building and maintaining a valuable resource which helps improve education
by linking educators to the community.
Vice President, Copernicus Interactive, Inc.
Last modified July, 1999
Page Content Guidelines
SchoolNotes.com has developed the following page content guidelines to promote the
exchange of school information and at the same time maintain standards consistent with the
Internet community and the societies of the world at large. If you have any questions
regarding these guidelines, please contact us via the Feedback Form.
SchoolNotes.com does not discriminate based on sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion or socio-economic status.
SchoolNotes.com is not responsible for the content of any Member Page. The opinions
and views expressed in the Member Pages do not reflect those of SchoolNotes.com. The contents of
the Member Pages are not reviewed in any way before they appear in SchoolNotes.com.
We reserve the right to remove any page from the system which is brought to our attention and which we
find, in our sole discretion, violates these page content guidelines, or otherwise is in violation of the law.
SchoolNotes.com does not actively monitor the content of Member Pages, but will investigate complaints
of violation of these guidelines. Please submit any such complaints using our Feedback Form.
SchoolNotes.com is also not responsible for any loss of data resulting from our deletion of Member Pages,
network or system outages, file corruption or any other reasons.
Please refrain from using your free SchoolNotes.com Member Page for the
- Displaying material containing nudity or pornographic material of any kind;
- Providing material that is grossly offensive to the online community, including blatant expressions of
bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred, or profanity;
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, or promoting physical harm or
injury against any group or individual;
- Defaming any person or group;
- Using your free Member Page(s) for commercial purposes;
- Displaying material that exploits children under 18 years of age;
- Using your page for acts of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property
- Violating Internet standards for the purpose of promoting your member page;
For copyright information, please read the Copernicus Interactive, Inc. Copyright Page.
To view our Privacy Statement, please visit the SchoolNotes.com Privacy Statement page.
SchoolNotes.com Member Terms of Service
Members are solely responsible for everything contained in their own Member Pages. SchoolNotes.com
does not verify, endorse or otherwise vouch for the contents of any Member Page. Members can be held
legally liable for the contents of their Member Pages, and may be held legally accountable if their Member
Pages include, for example, material protected by copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret law without
the permission of the author or owner or defamatory comments.
The member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Copernicus Interactive, Inc. (the owner of SchoolNotes.com), for
any loss, liability, claim, damage, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or in
connection with the contents of the Member's Page.
In the event that SchoolNotes.com receives a complaint that the contents of a Member Page infringe
intellectual property rights or otherwise is unlawful, SchoolNotes.com shall request written substantiation
of the complaint from the complaining party, for example, substantiation of proof of ownership in the form
of a trademark, service mark, patent or copyright registration and will take such steps that it believes to be
appropriate under the circumstances, including, for example:
- Suspend the Member Page, or a portion of the Page, immediately until the dispute is resolved;
- Provide the member with contact information for the complaining party;
- Instruct the member to contact the complaining party to resolve the dispute;
- Inform the complaining party of our actions and ask that party to work directly with the member;
Note: All correspondence between the parties must also be sent to SchoolNotes.com (address
- Take the following action based on the progress of the dispute:
- If the member has not pursued resolution within 14 days of notification, the Member Page, or portions
of the Member Page, will be deleted;
- If complaining party has not pursued resolution within 14 days of member's response, the Member
Page, or portions of the Member Page, will be re-activated;
- If legal action is pending or the dispute is not settled, the Member Page, or portions of the Member
Page, may remain suspended until resolution is reached and SchoolNotes.com is notified by both parties as
to the outcome;
- If a resolution is reached between the parties, the Member Page, or portions of the Member Page, will
be reactivated with any mutually agreed upon modifications.
SchoolNotes.com also reserves the following rights:
- To release current or past member information in the event SchoolNotes.com believes that
accounts are in violation of the terms of service or page content guidelines, used to commit unlawful acts, if
the information is subpoenaed and/or if SchoolNotes.com deems it necessary and/or appropriate;
- To deny membership to offenders of these guidelines or terms of service;
- To amend or change these guidelines at any time and without notice;
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
REFERENCES TO OTHER SITES OR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF
ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Copernicus Interactive, Inc. IS
NOT LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND WHICH
MAY RESULT TO THE USER FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR
ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN.
A possibility exists that the Site could include
inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that
unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made
by third parties to the Site. Although Copernicus Interactive, Inc. tries
to ensure the integrity and the accurateness of the Site, it makes no
guarantees as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. In the
event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform Copernicus Interactive, Inc.
so that it can be corrected.
In closing, we appreciate your interest and support of SchoolNotes.com and we welcome you to our